Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Calorie Terminator

I love the Special K commercial on the air now where a woman is joining her friends for breakfast at a restaurant and she sizes up each plate with an internal computer readout that calculates the calories. She looks from entree to entree, sizing up the calories on each, until she sees the 100 calorie cereal.

That's me. It was easy to train myself to estimate calories. I just carried a calorie book around for awhile and looked up everything I ate and also looked at the nutritional panel the food packages. Within a few short weeks I found that I could estimate a calorie count to within 25 - 50 calories.

Not perfect, but good enough to keep me from eating those "few bites a day" that can add up to weight gain over the course of months or years.

No comments: