Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Holidays are over

I made it through the holidays again without gaining a pound, but I still enjoyed great food.

The biggest misconception I run into is that others think I must only eat "rabbit" food to control my weight. And, I don't think they believe me when I tell them that's far from the case. I control my calorie intake using a variety of methods that include controlling my blood sugar, smart snacking and simply being aware of how much I'm eating and whether I'm full or not.

What the others are too busy to notice is that while they are shoveling their second or third helpings into their faces, I'm sitting there watching them. I've already finished and I'm waiting for the "full" feeling to come before I stuff any more food in there.

But, they still can't figure out why they just can't lose those stubborn pounds. Hmmm....

No comments: