Sunday, January 16, 2005

Excuses Excuses

Excuses are a main obstacle that stands in the way of people achieving their target weight. I know. I had them too.

"The BMI (body-mass index) must be wrong." "I'll start eating right tomorrow (or next week, or next year)." "I'll just run twice as far to burn those extra calories." "I'm just naturally filling in." "Everyone has a 'natural' weight they become." "Everyone else is overweight." "I burn 1,000 calories per work out, so it's okay to eat this." "Life's too short to count calories." Any of these sound familiar? Have any more of your own? If so, please share with me in the comment section.

Over the next few weeks, I'll address these excuses. In the meantime, consider your weight loss goals and target weight (if you don't know your target weight you can do a search for Body Mass Index on the web or buy my book from Amazon.com). Have you achieved those goals?


No comments: