Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 29, 2009

Weight = 136.4 pounds
Target weight = 137.5 pounds

The end of my least favorite month is near. Despite global warming predictions, the last two winters have been wintry, which takes the toll on those of us who like to exercise outside. I can't stand stationary equipment. For those who solely use such equipment, I understand why it's hard to maintain consistency - boredom. My mind is never short on supply of excuses to keep me off the exercycle.

I found my recent iPod purchase helps pass the time, though songs grow stale fast. I'll need to find some interesting podcasts on iTunes. If you know of any, please let me know in the comment section.

With the iPod, two magazines and the TV, 30 to 45 minutes on exercycle is bearable. If you need something to have on TV in background while exercising, listening to your iPod and flipping magazine pages I suggest recording naked native shows on the Travel Channel.

I skipped 4 workouts this month. I have a strong urge to write excuses, but I won't. Excuses will just make it easier to skip. I did better than December and did well in controlling the most important part of weight control - eating the right portion sizes and adjusting my food intake for lower activity level.

No comments: